Seaweed soup or in Korean "Miyeok Guk", miyeok meaning seaweed and guk meaning soup, is a popular Korean birthday food. Actually, the Seaweed soup is given to newly moms who just gave birth since it contains a high content of calcium and iodine which is good for the health of the moms and the breastfed
I do like seaweed soup, but my sister doesn't like it anymore since after giving birth to Chloe, she ate this soup 3 times a day for one whole month. I guess I won't enjoy it as much after having that for so long. :P
The RECIPE: **As you may have noticed, I don't use measurements since I actually don't measure when cooking.. so bear with me
Beef (Don't know the part, but use the one with some fat)
Korean seasoning powder in beef flavor if you have any
- Soak the dried seaweed in a bowl of water for about 1~2 hours.
- When the seaweed is ready (it will be soft), wash the seaweed and cut them into bite pieces.
- Put the cut seaweed and beef (chopped to bite pieces as well), add a teaspoon of minced garlic, dash of salt and seasoning powder, about 2 tbsp. of soy sauce, and 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Stir fry them in medium heat, until the meat turns brown.
- Add water. It should be above the seaweed and meat, or more if you want more soup.
- Boil for 20 mins. and when comes to boil, set the heat to low and boil for additional 15 minutes.
- Season to taste. Use salt or the seasoning.
- Serve hot with rice :D
Hope you will enjoy this recipe. This is especially for Chiqui. :D